- January 9, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Uncategorized
MDT Software Announces New Release of AutoSave Change Management Software with Support for Windows 10 and Applications
ALPHARETTA, Georgia, October 27, 2016– MDT Software, a world leader in change management solutions for automated manufacturing assets, today announced the release of AutoSave version 6.02, the newest version of its software product. AutoSave version 6.02 represents significant technology improvements, applications to simplify product upgrades, and expanded Active Directory integration.
AutoSave Change Management Software protects, saves, restores, discovers, and tracks changes in industrial programmable devices. In using AutoSave to manage program changes, automation users can protect the intellectual property in their automation layer across their enterprise; helping to avoid risk regardless of the environment and device type for rapid recovery from hardware failures, mistakes, sabotage and other hazards.
The latest version of AutoSave includes the following new features and benefits:
- Support for Windows 10: Formal support for Windows 10 usage on clients and agents.
- Software Update Service: This service runs on each client computer and seamlessly handles updates to components without the privilege issues typically encountered with software updates.
- Client Software Distributed as Apps: Large software updates are always an issue. AutoSave addresses this by transitioning client applications (clients, agents, client groups, users) into smaller Apps that can be updated separately as needed. This also enables AutoSave Administrators to control which computers have access to which features of AutoSave.
- New Agent: This new agent provides significant performance improvements and enhanced security over the prior agent. This is particularly evident on larger programs.
- Expanded Active Directory Integration: This add-on module enables users to be created, deleted, and managed by their membership in Active Directory Groups.
- Enhanced Reporting: Numerous additional reports track the ongoing scheduled operations, agent utilization, etc. This allows administrators / management better access to the overall operations of the facility.
- Easily Expandable: Custom apps can be created to integrate AutoSave functions with other plant systems.
“We are pleased to provide our customers with many operational improvements and new features available with AutoSave v6.02, that will provide many ease-of-use and performance benefits well into the future,” said Gary Gillespie, vice president, MDT Software. MDT also announces support for the German language, enabling plant floor users to interact with the AutoSave software in German. The German language version of AutoSave is currently installed and in use in Germany. The technology developed to offer this alternate language version of AutoSave will enable MDT to offer support for other languages in the future.